Location: Madelia, Minnesota (HQ) Serving all of southern Minnesota
Salary: based on experience
We are looking for an experienced and responsible landscaper to join our team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating lawn maintenance equipment such as lawn mowers, trimmers, and blowers.
The landscaper will ensure the growth and vibrancy of our plants, flowers, lawn, and decorative shrubs. The landscaper will water, fertilize, and prune to remove damaged or dying plant life. The candidate can expect to work outdoors in a mix of weather conditions, and be able to perform maintenance duties to ensure employee safety during inclement weather by removing debris, snow, and ice from communal walkways and spaces.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate push or riding lawnmowers; may operate heavier tractor equipment if needed
- Water all plants and lawn, and ensure all plants are evenly covered
- Spread fertilizer, plant food, mulch, and other materials around plants
- Remove weeds and dead plants; prune overgrown limbs and leaves
- Operate string trimmer and edger to remove overgrowth and keep outdoor area tidy
- Use leaf blower to clear walkways and pedestrian areas after lawn maintenance
- Treat lawn and landscaping with pesticides to remove harmful insects
- Maintain the existing landscaping design and ensure plant survival
- Plant new flowers, bushes, plants, and decorative shrubs
- Rake fallen leaves and remove debris
- Keep pedestrian areas removed of snow and ice
- Operate heavier snow blowers or other equipment as needed
- Remove tree limbs, overgrowth, and other hazards
- Ensure outdoor furniture, décor, and lighting is maintained and good working order
- Properly store and handle all equipment, tools, sprinklers, etc.
- Oversee maintenance repairs to equipment, landscape structures, and hardscape walkways
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent educational experience
- Previous experience in landscaping or groundskeeping a plus
- Must pass background check
- Must be 18 years of age
- Able to work independently
- Must be able to operate lawn maintenance equipment such as lawnmowers, string trimmers, leaf blowers, hedge trimmers, etc.
- Able to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 40 pounds
Fill out this form and upload your resume for consideration.
We are looking for a dedicated crew member to join our team.
- Weed whipping
- Fertilizer application
- Other duties as tasked
While we would appreciate someone with experience, non is necessary.
If you are a hard worker who shows up on time and takes the initiative and you love working outdoors apply to join our crew.